Saturday 13 May 2017

Down with water

I remember being told that water runs down a plughole clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and anti clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere. But recently I read that this was a load of twaddle, poppycock and probably, misspoken. This despite the fact that I have seen a video on YouTube where a man living astride the Equator, demonstrated to tourists that moving a bowl with a plughole from one side to the other changed the direction of the water flow.

Now, I believe in science, mostly, (don't get me started on which are 'good' or 'bad' foods this month), so if science says it doesn't happen then I should believe that the tourists are pouring money down the drain, whichever way it flows.

But, it's such a good story that I want to believe it is true, and much more pleasant than having swallowed thousands of baby spiders every year, which I am happy for the scientists to disprove.So, despite my best efforts, I'm still stuck on the fence on this one.

1 comment:

  1. My baby went down the plughole!

    Love this!

    Andy and Lyndsay

    ReplyDelete